You wouldn’t buy a used car without giving the engine a thorough inspection first, right? So, why buy a house without first having the furnace and air conditioning system properly inspected? Doing so can save you a costly repair job or replacement down the road, as well as ensure your family’s safety. So, what’s involved in such an inspection?
- Checking the condition of the burners and heat exchangers.
- Checking for debris or obstructions in the chimney, flue, and vents.
- Testing pilot and ignition operation.
- Checking for carbon monoxide leaks.
- Testing the pressure and level of refrigerants.
- Inspecting evaporator and condenser coils.
- Measuring compressor strength.
- Checking and cleaning air filters.
- Inspecting duct connections.
- Checking the operation and calibration of the thermostat.
- Inspecting all electrical wiring and electronic components.
- Inspecting the condition, tension, and alignment of all belts, blower motors, and fans.
Failure of any item on this list can reduce the efficiency of your system, and problems with some may lead to increased risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. General home inspectors are invaluable in making sure the home you’re about to purchase meets your expectations. However, they simply aren’t trained or equipped to carry out the comprehensive inspection discussed above. Nor should such an inspection be carried out only at the time of purchase. To ensure your system continues to operate safely and at peak efficiency, consider a certified heating, ventilation, and air conditioning technician to perform a thorough inspection of your system on an annual basis. The technicians at Oosterveld Heating and Air Conditioning have performed hundreds of inspections and know exactly what to look for. Ask us about our Planned Service Agreements that ensure years of trouble-free service at the best price possible. Call us at 519-837-2351 or visit our website at www.oosterveldheating.com. Spring into Savings! on a new comfort system from Lennox. Receive up to $1,200* Rebates PLUS financing as low as 8.95% APR*. Offers valid on installations from March 25 to June 14, 2013.