For many people, their garage is more than just a place to park their car. It may be a storage room, a play room, a pet’s room, a workshop, or a man cave. However it’s used, it often makes sense to keep it heated in the Winter. How you do that needs to not only make economic sense, but needs to be safe as well. The main problem: carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that displaces oxygen in the bloodstream. At low concentrations, it can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, and confusion. At high concentrations, it can cause death. Unfortunately, many people make the wrong choice when it comes to heating their garage or workshop. The results can be tragic. The Canada Safety Council reports that carbon monoxide is the leading cause of fatal poisonings in North America, many of these arising from poor choices in garage heaters. These poor choices include wood stoves, propane cooking stoves, and portable kerosene heaters, all dangerous options because of the risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning. A better choice is a unit specifically designed for a purpose, such as a Lennox natural gas or propane garage heater. When installed by a trained heating technician, these units allow you to heat a space as large as a four-car garage safely and efficiently. Heating a garage or workshop may present challenges including dust and dirt, humidity, negative pressure, and flammable gases. For these situations, select one of the Lennox Separated Combustion garage heaters that use combustion air from outside. Highly efficient, they allow you to heat even the most difficult areas safely. If you have a garage or workshop you’d like to make better use of, make the safe choice. Call Oosterveld Heating and Air Conditioning. We’ve got experience heating every kind of space and can advise you on the best method for your situation. We’ll then follow up with professional installation and reliable service. Call us at 519-837-2351 or visit our website at www.oosterveldheating.com.